30 October 2010

Saturday Finds:


On the Saturdays I don't have to work the bf and I like to go yard sale hunting! Sometimes we find things, sometimes we don't, but the excitement of the chase for killer deals and the quality time we get to spend together is priceless. Today we hit up at least 6 yard sales. The bf had seen a sign for one earlier this week on his way to work so we started there. I also looked up a few on Craig's list in the same area and the rest we just found by spotting signs in on the street!

I love to see what people have to offer and chatting it up to learn a bit about the items history. This week we came home with a few good finds. The bf picked up a great "gardener's problem solver" book that we are looking forward to putting to use next season and a roll out flower garden mat for only a dollar each! Hopefully the squirrels won't be as prone to tearing apart the mat as they were digging up the seeds we planted this year! I scored a set of chrome shower curtain hooks for only $0.50, they even have those fancy roller balls - I can't wait to hang them up and get rid of our gross plastic ones (despite how much I clean them they always look grimy). I was also pretty excited when I cam across a "free box" at on the sales and scored a few books for my mom to take to school for her students to use and a picture frame which needs a paint job, but that's an easy fix and the glass was intact so for FREE it had to come home with me!

No comments: