29 October 2010

Confessions of a Fast Food Diet


Despite the fact that I have packed myself a delicious lunch everyday this week I have been unable to ignore my cravings for Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets and fries. Twice this week I have given into temptation and made a trip through the drive thru to grab some fast food, but I think today is my last stop.

I am convinced it is subconscious behavioral conditioning. You see I am not a big fan of visiting the doctor and on Wednesday I had to go to the doctor for a physical and PPD test. Today I had to go back to have the PPD read (good news I'm healthy!). After each trip I felt the need to make a stop at Wendy's to grab some nuggets and fries as a treat. I figure, subconsciously my body is craving fast food (comfort food) as a way to make my mind associate going to the doctor with a more positive experience so that the next time I have to go I won't dread it so much.

Or maybe I'm just coming up with excuses to not feel bad for giving into salty greasy food when I had a perfectly yummy and healthy lunch packed! :P

No comments: