22 October 2010

Frugal Finds

I made a couple of stops today, some were successful, some were not. I popped into Rite Aid today to try and grab some freebies advertised in their circular this week and found that the store was completely sold out of all the advertised items. This was not a big surprise, I should definitely know better than to go on Friday afternoon and expect to grab the best deals of the week. However, I will remain positive and try another Rite Aid on the other side of town tomorrow on my way home from work.

My second stop was Target. At the end of every month I gather my coupons that are about to expire and I head to Target to see what kind of freebies I can grab from the travel section. Now, I realize it is not yet the end of the month, but I do not have plans to be near a Target again before then so I made my end of the month stop today. I didn't even have to open my wallet! I had $1 off coupons for every item and each cost only $0.97. Here is what I came home with:


After my Target trip I couldn't help but peak into the thrift store across the street. I found this beautiful Guess purse priced at only $3.50 and it appeared to have never been used! 
The best part, I even found $0.82 hidden inside, so it only cost me $2.68!!! I also picked up a few small pieces of jewelry that I need to clean up a bit and a very sharp wrap skirt by Jones New York Signature that was only $2. It's just a little too big so I'll be taking it in and also taking some length off the bottom. I'll be sure to share when I find the time to complete the project!

No comments: