20 December 2010

Recycling Balloons





Recently I snagged some balloons from an office party my company held. I liked the bright colors, they kind of cheer up my day! As a week or so passed and the balloons started to deflate and were no longer serving their decorative purpose I wondered what I could do with them other than throw them in the trash. And then I came to me....Gift Wrap of course!
Which is perfect since I just about refuse to buy wrapping paper...and thus is a nice change from the usual newpaper wrapping I do.




  


I poked a small hole in the already mostly deflatted balloons and was left with this flat balloons.

I wasn't able to use the front of the balloons as they had the company logo on them, but the backs were still good. I cut the back away from the front and that was it used it as wrapping paper.

I still have a bunch of leftover pieces of balloons so I cut them into strips and plan to use them as embellishements on other gifts as well. I really liked the shiney effect of the balloon foil. It will really jazz up some of our presents!

2 comments:

Denise said...

What a clever idea.

Linda W said...

Genius!!! Great use for something that just gets thrown away.

The Auspicious Life