02 November 2010

Tuesday Tutorial:

Embracing Embellishment...picture frame redecorating!

I recently found this frame on the Urban Outfitters website HERE and felt inspired to try and recreate it in my own way.
On Saturday I picked up this picture frame from a "FREE" box at a yard sale, but you could use any frame you have lying around or even grab one at the dollar store.


I found some embellishments in my stash of scrapbooking accessories and salvaged pieces. Simple embellishments can be found at any craft store and at many dollar stores as well, but to keep the cost down consider using anything you have lying around like bows, brooches, buttons, flowers!

Next I painted the whole piece black (to match many of my other frames) but you could use any color that suits your decor!


I used a sample jar of black paint that I had lying around, but I would suggest using spray paint to expedite the process and avoid having to worry about brush strokes!

Next I used a hot glue gun to attach the embellishments I decided to use.



Add photo and TA-DA easy peasy fancy photo frame re-do!


No comments: