29 September 2010

Gifts From the Garden

I returned home today after a long day of work. I started on my usual routine of cleaning up the kitchen, taking care of some chores around the apartment, managing my mail and starting dinner. Not too long after I arrived home so the the bf and he came bearing gifts! :)

After his long day at work, he made a stop over to our garden (I don't think we've been there in two weeks) and completed some much needed tending to the garden. He made a great harvest to bring home to me as well.


Yep, that's FOUR eggplant, at least 6 dozen jalapeno peppers, a couple tomatoes and a watermelon! There were also a few bell peppers but they got washed and chopped up for dinner before I got around to snapping this photo of today's haul.

I was also thrilled to have my gifts from the garden accompanied by the good news that there are still more eggplants to be picked and plenty of green tomatoes!

No comments: