28 August 2010

Thrift Store Finds

I am a HUGE fan of shopping thrift stores, not only is the hunt for great and unique items invigorating, but the prices are unbeatable and the money you spend goes to a good cause!

Recently I made a trip to my favorite thrift store in our area which benefits the local women's shelter! I make sure to always go on Thursday's because every Thursday is half price on women's clothing which equals REALLY great deals! Here is what I picked up this week:


I brought home two skirts, one j.crew, the other Gap (which still had the tags on it, originally $58), two pairs of pants, one Express (tags still attached, originally $88) and the other pair from The Limited - each of these items were priced at $3.50 each. I also picked up a button down dress shirt from Express, a sweater vest from Banana Republic, the striped sweater pictured (no brand name) and a new to me belt - each of the tops were $3 a piece and the belt was $2. I tossed in a few pieces of cute jewelry I spotted and my total came to $28!!!

Interested in finding a thrift store in your area? Try this site http://www.thethriftshopper.com/. Although this site does not have all stores out there (many in my areas were not listed) it is a great place to start! Also consider searching under "thrift stores or consignment" in your local yellow pages!

No comments: