12 August 2010

Playing the Drug Store Game

I made two stops today on my way home from work, CVS and Rite Aid. I had ExtraBucks and UpRewards to use up before the end of the week. Here is how my shopping trips worked out...


CVS Trip
I bought:
1 Schick Hydro Razor $8.97
1 Schick Shave Gel $3.99
1 Herbal Essence Shampoo, Travel size $0.99
1 Herbal Essence Mouse $4.29
I used:
$5/1 coupon on the razor
The razor had a coupon attached to it for Free Shave Gel, used that.
Used Buy 1 Herbal Essences Shampoo, get one free styler q
Then handed over my ExtraBucks from previous purchases

Total Out of Pocket Cost = $0.03
Got Back $4 extra bucks from the razor
Sending in for Schick Mail in Rebate for $8.97
$12.96 Money Maker!


Rite Aid Trip:
I bought:
1 Schick Hydro Razor $5.99
1 Crest Pro Health Toothpaste $2.69
1 Visine Original Eye Drops $4.99
1 24ct boxes Ziplock Bags $3.99ea on sale BOGO
I used:
$5/1 coupon on Schick razor
$1/1 in ad coupon on Visine
$2/1 coupon on Visine (Rite Aid allows you to use one Store coupon and one Manufacturers coupon)
$1.50/2 Ziplock product coupon
$1/1 Crest Toothpaste coupon
Then handed over my UP Rewards which expired today!

Total Out of Pocket Cost= $0.16
Got Back $3 UP Rewards from the visine
Sending in for Schick Mail in Rebate for $5.99
Also getting $2.69 back for Crest Rite Aid Single Check Rebate
$11.52 Money Maker!

Total for todays trip: I spent $0.19 out of pocket. After rewards and rebates the trips totalled to be a $24.48 MONEY MAKER!

No comments: