16 August 2010

Donations: Giving Back

There are times when I make purchases that dont quite seem to make sense. I dont have children, but I bring home diapers and wipes. We aren't able to use 8 bottles of body wash or 9 tubes of toothpaste, nor do we have space in our apartment to store them. However, sometimes in order to get the best deal you have to buy some filler items. Other times the items are just flat out FREE when you pair a coupon with a store sale.

Here is an example, recently Rite Aid had Stayfree Maxi Pads on sale BOGO free. I used a BOGO free coupon making both packages FREE. Now I dont use this product but I still went ahead and grabbed 6 bonus size packs for free! I always try to take advantage of freebie sales or sign ups online. This allows me to still make donations to local organizations even though my budget doesn't really allow for it.

This past weekend I made this donations to our local women's shelter:


I have shared before that I believe we each have the responsibility to leave a positive lasting impression from our presence in the world. This is just one of the ways that I feel I am able to take my passion and hobby and give back to my community. I may not be monetarily rich, but I feel rich being able to use my money saving skills to give back and better the lives of others!

No comments: